Monday, December 1, 2008

Blog Summary # 3

I usually do not like going to class but I go because my goal is to be educated and to get a degree so that I can get a better job one day. Some how and some way this class seemed to be very attractive to me with the name Leisure Education. I assumed that we were going to learn all kind of tricks on how to benefit from leisure. I can say that I was extrinsically motivated to come to class every Tuesday afternoon because the class was cool and I did not have any previous background knowledge about the subject.

As we were taught the class materials, we actually engaged in activities that put knowledge into practice. Comparared to a traditional teacher lecture classes and taking notes; this new experience was very enjoyable. We actually had the chance to be more interative as a whole and in our group activities. I eventually became interested in the class and the people I worked with became intrincally motivate to attend class every Tuesday. I also felt I had some kind of personal way of learning outside of class with my basketball team that I coach. I felt I was the one being leisure educated. I was one of the players and my classmates were my teamates and my teacher would be the coach. I did really feel like I was in the shoes of the kids I coach basketball.

This class was able to make me feel less stressed about the grading even though I still get evaluated based on how well I know my materials. But the course also gave me the oppportunity to write anything in my blog journal and of course still relate to the course materials. I was able to express my feelings and values for leisure and how I view leisure as opposed to others. I also had the chance to choose the leisure experience in which I never did before and elaborate on it. I went to watch a hockey game at the Bell Centre, the Montreal Canadiens vs. the Detroit Red Wings with my brother. This course provided me with the idea and concept to leisure educate myself during this event which I had been previously constrained due to lack of companionship.

Overall, this course helped me in some way to find the positive leisure experiences based on what I have learned. I also learned that I can help provide leisure education to people that are seeking unknowingly for the benefits engaging in leisure activities can provide. More importanlty this course I took made me experience leisure while was I still in the process of learning in a classroom at school and gave me more a positive perspective toward leisure education.

1 comment:

Jessica A said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. How can you help others find/value leisure? 7/10