I have come to realize my understanding for leisure consists of activities that I truly love engaging in. Those leisure activities are playing basketball, collecting sneakers and partying. I believe when I'm involved in my activities I experience a lot of positive satisfaction when playing basketball with my friends and my brother. And collecting sneakers allow me to meet other people on the net and partying with friends. A perfect example of me in the past few weeks, I continued enjoying my leisure habit because of the reasons behind are a bit different than when I was younger. When I was young I did it because there was no a true meaning I did because everyone does it. As I'm growing up I realized that I like to have conversation with people and I discovered that socializing it's very good for me when I'm engaging in my leisure activites. It actually provides me a meaningful value of life and it's also keep me connected with my friends and other people that I care about.
I have noticed that I'm very intrinsically motivated when I'm engaged in my leisure activities in which I can become socially connected with my friends and other people. For instance, I play basketball to stay active but I'm motivated by the fact that I know that I will experience enjoyment with my brother and friends. Another example, I don't like to watch reality TV show but I get to spend quality time with my girlfriend. And not least and last, I get to party with my good buddy and other friends, I'm even anticipated for that experience before I do experience it.
I'm not a hundred percent sure that I will be able to get my hands on those Nike Air Penny II retro next month due to my financial constraint. I definetely want to be in possession of those sneakers but my school fees have to be cleared out before I can buy them. For now, I can only talk about and day dream about those sneakers when I look at the pictures of the upcoming release.
In order for me to be leisure educated, I would need to be able to make the connection with the theories learned and associated with my experience toward leisure using methods, programs designs and solutions to solve leisure constraits and hopefully able to help others in search of leisure.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. How can you help others find/value leisure? 7/10
Post a Comment